Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Lots of rain!

Hello everyone :)
Sorry Im late again, its been raining here and been pretty windy so the internet has been failing alot.  When I went to email on Monday nobody in the intire city had internet connection, and Monday nightwe traveled to Cuiaba for our mission conference. We arrived back here in Lucas at one this morning. Sorry if yall were worried, but its going to happen sometimes, just know that if I dont email you on Monday I will email within the next couple of days :) The conference was super fun. I got to see Sister Barrett and Sister Klienheinz (who were in my district in the MTC) They are companions right now serveing in Cuiaba. Sister Tomaz and I got to sleep at their house the night before the conference, well half the night on the bus the other half in their house :) At the conference Elder Casero (I dont think thats his name, but its something close to it) of the seventy and his wife spoke to us. Its was so great and I was able to learn so much. President and Sister Reber also spoke to us. I love going to conferences, because the speakers always talk about something that helps me or that I need to hear. 
Also THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE BIRTDAY WISHES! :) Going to the conference made my birthday even more special, but I kept forgeting it was my birthday! Thankfully my district leader reminded me every 10 minuets by telling me happy birtday in different languages or singing happy birthday. When we got to Cuiaba before the conference it was midnight and the assistants took everyone to a street food vender to get hamburgers (about 40 Missionaries- lets just say that the owner of that little cart never looked so happy) and everyone sang to me at 12:05 :) super fun :) This last week was a good one. Sister Tomaz and I have seen so many miracles and tender mercies from the lord. This will be our last week together so were trying to make it the best we can! Our Investigator Karinie is amazing! She went to church last sunday and told everyone that she is going to be baptised this Saturday! Were so excited for her and are trying to teach her and prepare her. She is 22 years old and has a two year old little girl named Ana Julia. She will be my first convert baptism on my mission :) I used to get discouraged when I would see other missionaries who baptised 10 people in one transfer and there I was 8 months in with no baptisms but it has truely taught me that, baptisms are a gift from God. I know that my purpose here is not just to baptise people but to help them feel christs love for them. I love my savior Jesus Christ and im so thankful for the plan that God has for me. I know this church is the Church of Jesus Christ. Its true, I know it and I cannot deny it. I love my mission :) Its so hard but so worth it. and I love all of you!!! Love Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment