Monday, September 22, 2014

Life as a senior companion with spiders....

Hello Everyone :)
I'm doing great :) Training a new missionary is super fun and I'm loving it :) Sister Mendez is great :) Aside from the fact that she has a phobia of spiders and after she told me that we saw three giant tarantulas in the street within a week. The first one was in the house of a less active member named Jaciara , we were talking about Joseph Smith and I saw something out of the corner of my eye. I looked and stopped mid sentence and said What is that?! There was a GIANT hairy spider walking across the kitchen floor. Jaciara ran and grabbed a broom and whacked it three times till it was dead. Poor sister Mendez couldn't finish the lesson so we just talked for a little while with Jaciara. The next one was in front of an investigators house but they had already killed it but it was even bigger than the first one. Then two days later we were walking down the street, heading for home when sister Mendez Stopped dead in her tracks and ran into the middle of the street. I looked and there was a spider even bigger than the other ones sitting in the middle of the sidewalk. Sister Mendez kept yelling at me to cross over to the other side of the street but I had to get a picture first :) 
Sister Mendez and I are getting along great and were great friends already :) I'm so thankful for her and all that I'm learning from her! We have seen miracles everyday and I know that the Lord is helping us with his work. In our mission conference President Reber gave us an analogy about missionary service that I agree with greatly. He told us about a Father who was painting his living room, and his 5 year old son wanted to help. So of course seeing an opportunity to teach his son he showed him how to dip the paint brush into the paint and paint the wall, after showing him how do to it he left his son to work. of course his son being a small child made a mess of the wall, lost interest and went to play with his toys. and the father smiled and painted over the imperfect painted lines of his son leaving a perfectly painted wall... have we ever stopped to think that that is exactly how our heavenly father is with us? He being perfect has chosen us, his imperfect children to do his work and preach his gospel, its his work and I'm so grateful that he has given me the opportunity to help :) This week Sister Mendez and I have worked to hard! As a result Heavenly Father blessed us with 3 investigators in church! whoohoo! Also this week we have picked up a new investigator that is going to be baptised for sure, her name is Angelica and she has a 5 year old daughter. she has had a rough go with life but she is so upbeat and happy :) well...  I love you all and I love my mission! I hope you have a great week :) Love Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment