Monday, March 31, 2014

Brazil Bound!!!

Hello everyone :)
Well this morning I am still in New Jersey. I will be flying out at 5:30 this afternoon so I get to email a little bit before I head out. I'm all packed and ready to go! So some cool news: My companion in the MTC, Sister Dunn also received her visa and will be flying there today as well. Her mission is in Terecena (I have no idea if I spelled that right or not) so I wont see her ever but still its super cool :) My last week in New Jersey has been great :) Our investigator, Donna Schmid is going to be baptised soon, we taught her the plan of salvation and talked to her about Jesus Christ and his atonement and she cried and said she wanted to be baptised so that was awesome :) also she gave me a Portuguese to English dictionary and cried when we had to say goodbye. Its so hard to leave the people you have served and come to love! especially when you know you probably wont ever see them again. We had a little bit of a scare on Friday, Sister Cronan (the 95 year old lady that we yell scripture at) called the relief society president  frantic saying that she needed help badly and she wanted the missionaries. So the relief society president called us and we dropped everything and went to her. We had to go the speed limit because of the tiwi in our car ;) (which is probably a good thing actually) but we hurried as fast as we could to get to her. When we walked in she was sitting quietly in her chair and I thought "oh no shes dead, she died and now we have to take care of it" so I knelt down beside her to see if she was still alive and she smiled and calmly handed me a five dollar bill and said "this is missionary money, I don't know what I was thinking when I took it, but its yours" all I could do was stare at her. Of course I had no idea what she was talking about with the five dollar bill so sister Holyoak just took it and I asked her if she was doing OK and she said she was doing fine she just needed someone to blow up her donut to sit on. I had to go in the other room to rinse it off to blow it up and clam myself down a little bit! It was good though because we were able to help her with a few more things and share a scripture with her, then we gave her our number so she wouldn't have to call around to get hold of us. Also this week Brother Murphy came to church again! yay! this time he had on his shirt, tie and suit coat and looked great! When I told him this was the last time I would see him we both cried. I took a picture with him but I sure am going to miss him. A lot has changed since the first time I walked into his little trailer house and wanted to walk right back out because of the smell! He is such a great friend. also Yesterday I received a blessing from Elder Lortcher (a senior missionary in our mission) and Brother McCready who lives in the house above us. It gave me great comfort and helped me to know that I'm going to be just fine :) I think I'm ready for this :) Well I love you all and I miss you all! next time we talk Ill be in Brazil! bye for now :)
Love, Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment