Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Shelby Marie Whipple
9:46 AM (32 minutes ago)
to me
Hey Mom :)
The TRC is a little scary but AWESOME :) its fun to talk to real people in Portuguese :) They come to the MTC and usually its people who have served their missions in Brazil or Portugal or Mozambique, so they are very forgiving and they help us out a lot! I'm getting more and more excited about the language. A teacher whose name is Irmou Butters came in to our classroom yesterday and helped us make language goals, especially where we will probably be going state side for awhile :) so i have a goal to learn and memorize 20 words a day 5 phrases a day and 1 scripture a day in Portuguese, so pray for me that I can be able to accomplish those goals!! :) I love being a sister training leader, its really fun because we get to go to all of the meetings with the men folk ;) (haha) and put in our two cents about everything that goes on in our zone and district. plus we get to interview the other sisters and help with any problems they might be having :) Last Sunday was fast and testimony meeting and I got up and said my testimony almost entirely in Portuguese! AWESOME!! I'm definitely being pushed out of my comfort zone every single day and its actually not that bad! I kind of love it :) I love talking to people and learning and understanding! Its so so cool! I hope that Logan had a fun Birthday, when does he get his learners permit? (cRaZy!) I don't know when we are going to be re assigned... we've heard its going to be ether Thursday or Saturday of this week but that was from missionaries so it could be next week. But I promise as soon as I find out I will let you know as soon as possible! Thank you for telling me about your address, it was wrong in my little address book? Don't really know how that happened but I'm glad we caught it! This week for TRC we will be skyping with people in Brazil! So that's kind of scary! I hope their nice to us ;) Grandma sent me another package yesterday :) it had no show socks, chex mix and fun dip! LOVE HER!!! I've been snacking on the chex mix during class and its pretty awesome :) Also thank you for the lemonade drink mix from your package awhile ago :) Sister Dunn and I love them :) Also Sister Dunn and I have picked up two new pretend investigators so we are super super busy! Its so much fun :) Well I love you! Thank you so much for all your love and support :) I hope you have a good week :)
Love Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment