Thursday, April 30, 2015

Coolest week ever!

Hello Everyone,
Well its been a crazy week! I have a new companion, sister Borges. She is awsome :) She is from Santos, Sao paulo. She has 8 months in the mission. She is very outspoken and crazy but very sweet. She used to be a professional soccor player but moved to become a physical education teacher. Im excited to work with her!  We went to Cuiabá this last week and it was such a cool experience. As many of you may know, Elder D. Todd Christofferson of the quorm of the twelve along with seven other general authorities were in cuiaba this past week. We as missionaries wernt going to be able to see him or meet with him. but then at the last minuet they decided it would be good for the missionaries to have a fire side with him and they said we would be comming back to cuiaba on Friday to meet with him on Saturday. But then when we went to our zone conference on Tuesday, president Reber stood up in front and told us that instructions had come from chruch headquarters instructing that only the missionaries serving in cuiaba would be able to go (which is not me), becasue they were worried about us riding the buses so much. My heart sank because I had felt that many of my questions and doubts would be answerd in the fireside with Elder Christofferson, I couldnt keep my tears from comming. It was a hard thing for all of us to accept. After the meeting we all went to take pictures and president Reber took me aside and asked me if I had enough clothes to stay in cuiaba until saturday. I said I could make something work and he said that Me and My new companion (sister Borges) if we wanted to, could stay in cuiaba and work in her old area and be able to go to the fireside on Saturday. I could not wipe the smile off my face! I knew Heavenly Father had answered my prayers and I knew that I would get something amazing out of the meeting and I did :) It was so amazing just to be in his presence and to feel his testimony of our lord and master Jesus Christ. I learned  so much about faith and trust. and I learned who I am. I learned that I am not to back down to anybody or anything. I know the power that I hold as a representative of Jesus Christ. Satan may have power to nip at my heels and it may hurt a little bit but I have the power to crush his head. I know that the faith to move moutains isnt standing in front of a mountain and wishing hard for it to move. Faith to move moutains is grabbing my working boots and my shovel and putting my faith to work. Moving that moutain one shovel full of dirt at a time. I know that when I have the faith to act, things will work out, Heavenly father will give me strenghth and will cheer me on. I know Jesus is the Christ. He leads this chruch personally. I know that with him on my side I can do anything. I love him more than anything else. I will forever be his servent and even when I am forced to take this tag off my chest his name will forever be written on his Heart. I will preach His gospel in all places at all times to all people. I challenge you all to do the same. I love you all and miss you :) Thank you so much for prayers and support! Love Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment