Thursday, January 15, 2015

We've Made It A Year!

Hello Everyone,
Well this week Sister Barrett and I celebrated our year mark on the 8th! wow I cant believe its been a year already! I think that I say this in everysingle one of my emails but time goes by so fast! This week was the last week in the transfer. We got transfer calls yesterday and Sister Barrett and I are staying together (woohoooo!) and were staying as Sister Training Leaders in Jardim Irma. Were very happy and excited to at least have one more transfer together. Next transfer she will proabably be transfered. This week was a good week. We did divisions with the sisters in Cooparadio! which was such a great experience for me because I was able to go back and see alot of people that I worked with but my favorite was LINA :) She was the lady that had chickens living in her trees that ended up getting baptised a week after I left. When she saw me and sister pence she walked up to me and wrapped her arms and hugged me for a really long time then she pulled away and then hugged me again. She is doing so great! she has so many new friends in her ward and her and one of the sisters in that ward have goals and plans to go to the temple in November! She was so happy and excited. shes so strong and it brought tears to my eyes to see how much she has changed and how happy she is. When I left she hugged me two more times and told me thank you. Im so thankful to Heavenly Father for that experience because I was able to walk away knowing that even in just small ways im making a difference out here. I wish I could come back and see her go throuh the temple. 
I also did a division with Sister Tomaz and it was so fun to be able to see her again and work with her a little bit. She is doing very well.  Also this week we had transfer cleaning which was so great :) we threw away piles and piles of stuff  and now our apartment is super clean :) makes me happy :) Sister Barrett and I also tore apart our room and cloroxed it becase weve been finding alot of cockroaches at night in there. I pray everynight to Heavenly Father that he will bless me that the cockroaches will stay away from me. Well I love you all and I miss you! Thank you so much for the prayers :) I feel them everyday. 
Love always, 
Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment