Monday, October 6, 2014

New Companion!

Hello Everyone,
Were doing well here in Lucas on this fine P-Day. It was a much needed day. This week has been crazy with the transfer, general conference, the sisters conference and also the sister Training leaders came and did divisions with us. The Sisters Conference was super fun, I got to see some of the other sisters that I haven't seen for a while, like Sister Kleinheinz and Sister Mendes. Then we got to listen to the sister training leaders for a little while. After we all went to lunch in a restaurant (sorry if I'm spelling things wrong, right now I don't speak English or Portuguese, I know, its awkward) I'm loving my new companion, she is from Portugal and is super sweet and humble. Its kind of nice to be with someone with a more calm type of personality. We are getting ready for the baptism of 9 year old Rayane (high-anie) she is super excited to be baptised. She is so smart and each time that we go and teach her she gives us a mini lesson on what she has been studying in the book of Mormon and pamphlets we have given her. He mom doesn't want to be baptized but she said that Rayane can be baptised :) yay! This week we also taught one of our investigators about the plan of salvation. She had a lot of questions, which sometimes is intimidating because sometimes you don't know how to answer the questions that they have but I said a little prayer and I was able to answer all of her questions and at the end she cried and said that she felt so relieved and she said she knew that the plan of salvation really is the plan that God has created for us. I'm so thankful that I get to share these things with other people and watch it change their lives. I know this church is true. I love my savior and I know that through him I can be happy so can everyone else. I love you all and am so grateful for the prayers in my behalf.
Love,
 Shelby
Shelby and her new companion Sister Vilhena 09/2014

No comments:

Post a Comment