Monday, May 18, 2015

Happy Mothers Day!

Hello everyone,
It was so great to skype with everyone yesterday! I loved every minuet of it and am so grateful for the time that was taken out of your day to talk to me :) Well this transfer has been a bit of a shock... I'm not going to have much time to write personal emails so I'm so very sorry in advance. Sister Borges has been called as a sister training leader and is being transferred to Sorriso. I have also been called (again) to be a sister training leader here in Rondonopolis. though this time it will just be me, I will just be covering the sisters that I live with. My new companions name is Sister Andreso, shes from Brazil though I'm not sure where. She was Sister Borges companion in the MTC. I have a lot of mixed feelings but mostly I'm just having a hard time because Sister Borges is leaving me! However, I guess you have to accept Heavenly Fathers will... I'm excited to stay here in Rondonopolis, its such a great little city and our branch is wonderful and supportive. I'm excited to continue on with the people we have been working with. Many are progressing and taking steps to come closer to Christ. This really is the best work and I'm so happy to be doing it. I'm so thankful that Heavenly Father is always by my side and is always carrying me. I know this is His work, I know he could do it with out us but He lets us help because he knows the change that will occur in our hearts. It reminds me of a story I once heard this work is like a father painting his front living room. He knows how and what he needs to do in order for the paint to be smooth and look nice. but then along comes his five year old son, wanting to help. recognizing an opportunity to teach his son, the father hands him a paint brush and teaches him the up and downward strokes then lets the child try for himself. The boy only being five years old of course draws lines and squiggles then quickly becomes board and returns to his toys and the father patiently paints over the lines and squiggles leaving smooth, perfect strokes. 
Our Heavenly Father is exactly like that, He knows were going to mess up, he knows that our work will be very imperfect but he just wants us to try, and when we put forth our best effort he will make up the rest. I'm so thankful for the opportunity that I've had to work with Him and I know that He loves me and has taught me so many things. I love you all and miss you! thank you so much for the prayers and the emails!
 Love,
 Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment