Monday, December 22, 2014

Feliz Natal!!

Hello Everyone! Feliz Natal!
I hope you all realize how much I love you all... Sister Barrett and I had to hike through a tempest just to get to the computer place! It is raining and super windy... and my umbrella broke.... but all is well, I have my rain boots and a warm feeling in my heart because its CHRISTMAS!! I know Heavenly Father is answering his prayers in his own way (I've been praying for snow). 
This last week went by so so fast! I guess when your having fun and enjoying yourself the time goes by super quickly. We had our Christmas conference last week with President and Sister Reber. I gave my training on exact obedience and it went pretty well! I only stumbled over a few words. The conference was a blast. A sister from our ward made lunch for everyone and it was delicious. She even made turkey! We also did skits and were able to just talk to one another and relax. directly after the conference Sister Barrett and I had a division with Sister Oliveira and Sister Zea. Sister Olivera went with me back to my area and Sister Barrett went with Sister Zea to her area. Divisions are only for 48 hours but it sure was fun to be with Sister Oliveira for a little bit (she was one of the sisters that I lived with while I was serving in Lucas) I learned so much from her and had a lot of fun with her. She has such a wonderful sweet spirit and I love being near her. You can tell her only desire is to please Heavenly Father and no one else. She is a very valiant missionary. Today we have another division to go on and this time ill be leaving my area to go stay with another sister in her area, I hope that everything goes well and that I learn more and that I'm able to help out :) This week for Christmas we are going to dinner at one of our members houses for Christmas eve. She has a lot of things planned and we are all very excited. Then the 25th we get a day off, and get to skype our families :) wow I cant believe its that time again! Its such a pleasure to be on my mission during this time of year,  I feel the savior and his nearness as we help his children. I'm so thankful for all the blessings that I have in my life, especially the opportunity to serve this mission. I have learned so much. Well I love you all and I miss you! I hope that you all have a wonderful Christmas!
Love,
 Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment