Monday, August 18, 2014

Hello family!

Well hello everyone,
Its been a great week :) Sister Tomaz and I are having a great time together and working hard! we have seen so many miracles already and i am ever grateful to Heavenly Father and his love for all of us :) This week I went on my last division with Sister Kimball and it was super great. It was our last because shes going home on Sunday! Wow! Time goes by so fast! She is having a hard time with it but shes super excited to see her family! :) Were going to miss her so much and I know that many tears will be shed this week, but such is life, people come and go but we know that well all see each other in heaven! yay :) Isn't Heavenly Fathers Plan perfect?
Anyway my division with sister Kimball was fantastic. We contacted a lady and taught her the restoration. When we finished we asked her to pray and she started crying and told us everything that she is going through in her life. It made me take a step back and look at my life and how good I really have it. My life is a cake walk compared to hers. I'm always amazed at the people I get to meet and talk to and the strength that they have. Its even more amazing to see the gospel and atonement of Jesus Christ work in their lives. As a missionary I have seen people in their darkest hours I have seen the sadness and I'm so grateful to have a front row seat when the light of the gospel of Jesus Christ descends on them and lifts them up. I know this church is true. I know God loves each and every one of us. I know he has a plan for us. I'm so grateful to be doing his work. To be working right along side God is such a humbling experience because you realize that you really are nothing compared to him and that he really doesn't need you at all. but he uses me because he knows how much I need it and how much I'm going to grow and learn. Heavenly Fathers plan really is perfect. There is a quote that I really like and it goes like this, Compare to God we are nothing, But to God we are everything.
Sister Tomaz and I also had another really cool experience. Last Monday a lady came to our house to make sure everything was up to health code and stuff like that and we got to talking to her. she is a really cool lady and when we asked about her religious background she said she is very active in the catholic church. I had the feeling that we should invite her to hear the lessons but I felt uncomfortable because of her religious background and didn't follow the prompting. Yesterday Sister tomaz and I were knocking doors trying to find a guy that we had contacted a couple of days earlier and we knocked a house and who came out to greet us? the same lady! I knew we needed to teach her because what are the chances of meeting her again? So we taught the Gospel of Jesus Christ. The spirit was so strong and she cried all the way through the lesson. We have an appointment to go back next week. Wow. Heavenly Father knows his Children and he knows what they need and when they need it. Also another thing that was super cool, this lady has a parrot and it talked to us!!! wow! haha :) Well everyone, thank you so much for the prayers and the emails and letters! I love you! love Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment